The 2012-2013 Board
2012 – 2013 Executive Board:
- About me: Originally from Iowa, but moved to Southern California in 1991 after living all over the world as my Dad was in the Air Force. I graduated High School in Rancho Cucamonga and went back to college in Iowa and studied Finance. When I moved back out to San Diego and had some time working for myself I decided marketing and advertising was something I really loved and had a knack for so I started making my way over and couldn’t be happier with the move.
- How long have you been a member: 3.5 years
- What do you like about AD 2: The people you meet, the contacts and resources that they provide and the learning that you get by surrounding yourself with professionals from within your industry is a must have in any job market.
- Current job and responsibilities: Search Marketing Manager at Cuker. Working with local and national brands on producing and executing high level organic search marketing campaigns.
- Hometown: Sioux City, IA
- College: WITCC- Sioux City, IA- Morningside College Sioux City, IA- UCSD San Diego, CA
- Extra curriculars: I like run or go for a ride on my bike, enjoy camping, hiking and watching movies around the house.
- Favorite San Diego Restaurant: Acqua Al 2
- Favorite San Diego hangout/Bar: Patricks II Downtown Blues Bar or Mother Earth Brewery
- Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I had an english accent for about a year when we moved back from England and I also used to sing in my church choir, even did a few solos!
Chelsea Lawrence, San Diego Ad Club
- About me: A New Yorker for fourteen years before trading skyscrapers for warm sunsets on the beach. In New York I attended the Communications school at Syracuse and was intrigued by the facets of fashion within Advertising. I developed an affinity for the organized chaos of the fashion industry and immersed myself in that environment for several years. I then moved to San Diego where I decided to explore the business side of advertising and its ability to respect the creative process.
- How long have you been a member: Over a year
- What do you like about AD 2: I love the enthusiasm for our industry and the eagerness of this community. It is exciting to see the many collaborations and successful campaigns that evolve from young professionals within the community. San Diego has quickly changed my mentality that you don’t have to be in New York to see top-quality creative.
- Current job and responsibilities: Chief Engagement Officer at San Diego Ad Club
- Hometown: Manhasset, NY
- College: Syracuse University- I attended the Newhouse School of Communications and it was a fantastic experience. Majored in Creative Advertising with an emphasis in Economics.
- Extra curriculars: Interior design, yoga, and culinary arts.
- Favorite San Diego Restaurant: Laurel in Banker’s Hill.
- Favorite San Diego hangout/Bar: I enjoy feasting in Kensington/Normal Heights. Ponces (mean margaritas), Burger Lounge, and The Blind Lady Alehouse.
- Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I’d like to be Thomas Keller when I grow up and I know more than enough about football to be a sideline commentator.
- About me: Social media strategist with an online advertising background in tech startups and digital agencies.
- How long have you been a member: 4 years
- What do you like about AD 2: I enjoy the educational events that the San Diego Ad Club and Ad 2 San Diego has to offer its members. I find that I’m able to successfully grow my network by attending these events while keeping abreast of industry trends.
- Current job and responsibilities: As the Sr. Social Media Strategist at i.d.e.a., I’m responsible for bringing new ideas to the table that drive learning and innovation in digital marketing strategies. I specialize in weaving social and online initiatives to create a cohesive social media strategy for clients that’s backed by solid metrics. I enjoy building online communities from the ground up and building relationships with fans and followers in bold and exciting ways.
- Hometown: Chula Vista, CA
- College: San Diego State University, I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
- Extra curriculars: On the weekends I’m usually hiking, trying to cross things off my bucket list, or attending muay thai/kickboxing classes at a local MMA gym.
- Favorite San Diego Restaurant: Tajima Japanese Restaurant
- Favorite San Diego hangout/Bar: Too hard to answer, I’m always off doing spontaneous things. I hope to have a definitive hot spot to share when I find one.
- Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I got my start in online marketing when I launched my own Etsy shop selling handcrafted wedding invitations and greeting cards.
- About me: Northern California girl who grew up in Silicon Valley- watched it boom and said why would I ever want to move back here? So I didn’t. I went to school at SDSU, fell in love with branding and one day was hired by my promotional products and packaging vendor to come and sell for her. It’s been almost 5 years and I love my job. I live in Little Italy with my puppy Penny and a pretty cool roommate.
- How long have you been a member: 4 years
- What do you like about AD 2: I like being able to network with my peers locally but also appreciate the national network we are a part of. I enjoy the programming Ad Club and Ad2 offer but my favorite thing is turning my friends into my clients. I enjoy collaborating and working with the brilliant Communications, Marketing and Advertising Professionals here in San Diego. We’re a fun community full of awesome ideas that I often get to turn into reality!
- Current job and responsibilities: Sales Executive at C&S Sales
For over 35 years, C&S Sales has been on the forefront of providing promotional advertising solutions to our clients. We help companies gain brand recognition and exposure by supplying custom imprinted products. We have a distinct range of products we specialize in:
• Custom imprinted apparel, promotional products, and executive gifts
• Corporate Identity, Merchandising and Premium Programs
• Custom loose leaf binders, index dividers
• Custom room directories, check presenters, menu and wine list covers
• Custom designed promotional packaging
• Fulfillment, Packaging, Assembly and Storage Services
- Hometown: San Jose, CA
- College: San Diego State University- I went to SDSU and never looked back. Majored in Communications with emphasis in Public Relations and a Minor in Political Science (and Sorority Life- madam President) hoping one day to become a lobbyist.
- Extra curriculars: I enjoy drinking wine, trying new restaurants, fitness, shopping and watching Dexter.
- Favorite San Diego Restaurant: Harney Sushi
- Favorite San Diego hangout/Bar: Burger Lounge has the best veggie burger in town, Waterfront is walking distance from home and never lets me down, I also love me some wine steals wine and cheese boards.
- Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I make a mean meatball.
Director at Large:
Tony Rindsberg, Del Mar Interactive
- About me: Born in South Africa, my fam and I moved to San Diego in 1990 when I was just a wee lad. I went to La Jolla High- back in the day (before it was super nice) and graduated from UCSB with a B.S. in BioPsychology. After years of being a labbie (read: ‘low-level scientist), I decided it wasn’t for me and began an internship in Market Research which, after hard work, led to me being Director of E-Commerce for two companies. Eventually, I founded my own consulting firm in 2009 and love working in Online Marketing and Web Development.
- How long have you been a member: 2 years
- What do you like about AD 2: The connections you make- both personal and business. It’s the best way to immerse yourself in the San Diego Online world.
- Current job and responsibilities: Founder, Del Mar Interactive. DMI provides web development, online marketing, SEO, and more to startups and small businesses across the nation. I manage an awesome team of talented marketers, designers, and programmers.
- Hometown: San Diego, CA
- College: University of California at Santa Barbara
- Extra curriculars: Surfing, Rock Climbing, Backpacking, Auto Racing
- Favorite San Diego Restaurant: Flemings Steakhouse La Jolla
- Favorite San Diego hangout/Bar: Captain Keno’s Leucadia- it’s quite a dive
- Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I lived on a tall-ship for 3 months and sailed from Bermuda to Nova Scotia- it was awesome.
Sheila Fox, Fox Marketing
Gary Ware, I.D.E.A.
Adam Hermsdorfer, Big Tuna Interactive
Cheri Reeves, Media, Marketing & More
Jenn Baker, Vernon Mack Media
Megan Chawathe, Prudental
Co-Chair: Julie Barbee
Co-Chair: Olivia Ting, Sempra
Members: Nihan Gorken, Jennifer Newell, Matt Parisi
Co-Chair: Jennifer De Wildt, C&S Sales
Co-Chair: Thea Hardy, Oster and Associates
Co-Chair: Donica Polce, EPMG
Members: Karen Ly
Public Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chair: Tara Viola, Departure
Co-Chair: Laura Wusthoff, Greenhaus
Members: Jessica Mathers, Michelle Misner, Ashley Shapiro
Sponsorship & Fundraising: email@example.com
Chair: Blair Forcet
Copyright © 2013 - Ad2SD - All rights reserved. Conforms to W3C Standard XHTML & CSS